Tuesday, January 27, 2009

TPACK

Technological Pedagogical And Content Knowledge. First of all that is a mouthful, but it is really useful information to know as I am about to enter the teaching field. As I was learning about the different relationships between my technological knowledge, my pedagogical knowledge and my content knowledge, I realized that I have a lot of different things to balance. To me, a really good teacher has to have all three aspects of knowledge to teach effectively. Personally, I need to continue to work on how I can improve my knowledge of technology to be able to teach in an effective way. Technology is such a big part of childrens lives right now and as a teacher, I need to be able to teach them how to use tools that will help them in their future. I think that it shows good pedagogical knowledge when a teacher can teach the content using technology. When all three of these are combined to make TPACK, the ability for the teacher to get the content across to their students multiplies. I want to be able to become more technologically sound so that I can apply this knowledge into my own teaching in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment